(Revision January 2023)
A reference to “BI2Value,” “we,” “us” or the “Company” is a reference to BI2Value GmbH and its relevant affiliates involved in the collection, use, sharing, or other processing of Personal Data.
1. Processing activities covered. This Privacy Statement applies to the processing of Personal Data collected by us when you:
• Visit our branded social media pages;
• Visit our offices;
• Receive communications from us or otherwise communicate with us, including but not limited to emails, phone calls, texts or faxes;
• Use our products and services where we act as a controller of your Personal Data;
• Register for, attend or take part in our events, webinars, programs, trainings, certifications or contests;
• Act as or work for a service provider or supplier to BI2Value, to the extent BI2Value acts as a controller with respect to your Personal Data;
• Are employed by a customer of our products and services where your information has been shared with us in our capacity as a controller (for example, during the contracting process);
• Participate in a BI2Value community; or
• Participate in surveys, research or other similar data collection facilitated by us.
Our websites and services may contain links to other websites, applications, platforms and services maintained by third parties. The information practices of these third parties, including the social media platforms that host our branded social media pages, are governed by their own privacy policies.
This Policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes in our processing of your personal data.
2. Personal data you provide – why we collect and use your information
While visiting our Site, you may provide us your personal data. When you subscribe to our newsletter, write us an email, submit your personal details via our contact form, or as part of a job application, you consent to the collection, use, and retention of your personal data as explained in the Policy.
Personal data you submit to us through our contact forms include:
company you work for;
personal data in the documents that you send or submit to us.
Besides that, we also collect and use certain Personal Information such as visitor statistics for our legitimate business purposes, namely improvement of this Site and advertising of our services.
Personal Information we collect without asking for your consent in advance may include:
URL addresses of this Site
the date you visited this Site.
If you subscribe to our marketing materials, we collect your email address so we may send you the newsletter by email.
If you download any content, such as white papers and case studies, or sign up for any event listed on our webpage, we collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, and organization name, so we can send you information to access such resources and contact you for a follow-up and offering or our products and events.
If you contact us through our Get in Touch page or sign up for a demo, we collect your name, your company, and email address so we can respond to you.
We retain this information as long as necessary for our above-mentioned business purposes.
3. How we share your personal data
We may disclose your personal data in the following cases:
3.1 Service providers. We may disclose your personal data to third-party vendors who help us operate the Site. These third parties are obligated to comply with applicable data protection laws and applicable regulations.
3.2 Disclosure by law. We will disclose your information in response to a valid legal process, for example, in response to a court order, a subpoena, or other legal requests for information, and/or to comply with applicable legal and regulatory reporting requirements. We also may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our products and/or services and with applicable laws, or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements. We are required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities.
3.3 Business transactions. In addition, we may transfer your information to an entity or individual that acquires, buys, or merges with us, or our affiliates. In these cases, we will require the acquiring company to carry on the material terms of this privacy statement, including the requests for account deletion.
4. When we transfer user data internationally. When we share personal data with the recipients described above, such sharing may constitute a transfer outside of your home location. By law, we are required to ensure that the level of protection guaranteed for your personal data by the European and UK laws is not undermined by such transfer. We enter the EU Standard Contractual Clauses with respective User Data recipients, which you can access upon request.
5. Protection of your information. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and organizational safeguards to protect any personal data from theft, other loss, misuse, and any unauthorized access, copying, collection, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data throughout the entire use cycle starting from the initial transfer till deletion. In addition, we limit internal access to your personal data to our employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a legitimate business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable supervisory authority of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. Children’s privacy. Our Site is directed to individuals who are the age of majority or older in their jurisdiction. We do not knowingly collect, use, or share:
Data about users under the age of sixteen (16); and
Data about past or current activity on applications directed at children under the age of sixteen (16).
If you believe your child has provided information to the Site, please contact us using the information provided below.
If we learn we have collected or obtained personal data of individuals under sixteen (16), we will delete that information.
7. Your rights with respect to your personal data (including op-out information). You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• right to request confirmation as to whether or not we process any of your data, and, where that is the case, right of access to your data;
• right to request rectification of inaccurate personal data;
• right to request erasure of your personal data;
• right to restrict processing of your personal data if certain conditions are met, e.g., if you believe the personal data we hold about you is not accurate;
• right to object to us processing your personal data;
• withdraw your consent with effect for the future;
• right to data portability.
How to exercise your rights:
You may submit your requests to opt-out from the processing or exercise your other rights with respect to your personal data by contacting us.
Apart from the rights described above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority.
9. Contact. If you have any questions or suggestions about this Policy and our privacy practices, please contact us per mail to: BI2Value GmbH, Privacy Team, Seehofstrasse 3, 14169 Berlin, or by e-mail: email@example.com